CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Welcome to My Life

So I am new to the whole blogging thang, but I find it somewhat big-headed of me to think that
somebody would be interested in reading a webpage about my life (or my random thoughts and
observations); But whether it is the flattering thought that people might actually be interested in what I have to say or the idea of using this as sort of a journal-type experience, this blogging thing is kinda thereputic.


I'll pretend that I have regular readers (if that's just me, so be it) who are good friends.

I suppose a good way to start that out is to introduce myself and my life. I'm 23 and single (this is young! Here in Utah I might as well be telling people that I'm 40...we'll save that for another post); physically I'm a wirey, caucasian, 6 foot tall, Adrian Brody look alike who can grow one....magnificent beard. I'm a jazz saxophone player (majoring in jazz studies) who takes any opportunity to convince himself and others that he should have been born a black man in the 1970's--what a gorgeously fascinating time. Despite my strict Mormon/Utahn upbringing I'm an open-minded free-thinker. Don't get me wrong... I'm still LDS, in fact, I'm very active and strong in my religious beliefs, I just know WHY and I'm a motivated seeker of truth from all sources (religious, scientific, mythological, or
otherwise).

In my experience, most people have good intentions so it's hard to be mad at the world; it just so happens that most of those "most people" are not too good at following through with their good intentions. It's hard to point fingers though; we all have our weeknesses. When I was living in Portland, my missionary companion and I had an old piece of paper stuck to our door that said "Lord, please help me to accept those that sin differently than I do." Amen whoever you are...Amen.


3 comments:

Second Helpings of Life said...

Adrian Brody... failed to make that connection until now. It is very true!

I like this post. It is somewhat similar to our conversation last night. I am looking forward to reading more...

Second Helpings of Life said...

PS- I love your layout. I especially love your picture. Where was that taken?

Tera said...

Minutiae can be utterly fascinating.